The Scottish Pre-retirement Council was founded as an educational charity in 1958, with the objective of providing pre-retirement education to facilitate the change from working life to retirement.
We provide Pre-Retirement Courses based in various Colleges of further Education in and around Glasgow. These courses consist of 2-one day sessions run on consecutive weeks.
Bookings for these courses should be made on the appropriate Booking Form which is available from your Personnel or Human Resources Department. There is also an online booking form available in the course venue section.
No acknowledgement will be sent regarding places booked but the employee attending the course will be sent joining instructions 3 weeks before commencement of the course.
All course information can be obtained directly from the Scottish Pre-Retirement Council and not from the colleges.
The Council is dedicated in its concern to ensure that as many people as possible will enjoy a fruitful and happy retirement.a
more information about the sprc:
- To study the problems of the older worker and in co-operation with employers and appropriate bodies, statutory and voluntary, to promote Education for Retirement.
- To promote occupational activities for men and women in retirement by advising on facilities for hobbies and handicrafts.
- To provide information and advice services on the above matters by the publication of results of the Council's research and the dissemination of literature published by the Council and other bodies on these subjects.
- To promote seminars, exhibitions and meetings in cooperation with statutory authorities and voluntary organisations engage in the furtherance of the above objects.
IMMEDIATE AIMS TOWARDS EDUCATION AND PREPARATION FOR RETIREMENT
- To persuade Directors, Personnel and Welfare Officers, Medical Officers and Trade Unions in industry and commerce to devote attention to the special needs and problems of the older worker.
- To persuade those responsible for staff recreational schemes to include
provision for interests and activities attractive to the older worker
which will continue in retirement.
- To promote
"personal interview" advice services for employees nearing
retirement and encourage group thinking and discussion of plans and
preparation for retirement.
- To encourage the formation of Retired Employees
Associations which remain in contact with the firms personnel and welfare
officers and Trade Union representatives and with the employees social
and recreational activities-using, during the day, such facilities as
are made available to working staff in their evening and leisure periods.
- To guide and assist firms interested by arranging
(directly or through Further Education, University Dept, of Adult and
Continuing Education or W.E.A.) study courses, day schools and summer
schools on those matters for personnel and welfare officers, etc.
- To guide and assist men and women to prepare
for retirement by courses arranged in Day-Release classes.
- To undertake research into the above matters.
THE SCOTTISH PRE-RETIREMENT COUNCIL
260 Bath Street, Glasgow. G2 4JP
Tel: 0141 3329427 Fax: 0141 3331327
The Council is registered as a Charity. Charity No. SCO12883
Hbenefits of pre-retirement planning Benefits
FOR THE EMPLOYER - an enlightened policy of pre-retirement guidance and counselling helps to encourage a positive attitude to those approaching retirement. It helps to relieve their uncertainty and any worries they might have for the future.
Your industrial relaitons are enhanced as older employees appreciate your consideration. A happily retired worker is one of the best ambassadors a company can have.
FOR THE EMPLOYEE - planning now brings satisfaction later. All aspects of the retirement adventure needs careful thought - not least planning your finances.
You will want to enjoy your new-found freedaom when it comes. make retirement a time for challenge and fulfilment - prepare now!
We want you to look forward to retirement as a new opportunity. Let us give you guidance to plan for what can be the most rewarding phase in your life.o